Tuesday, March 4, 2014

When is winter over,PLEASE!

Yes I am raving about winter again. When I took Mary to work tonight, she said three more weeks and winter will be a thing of the past. I hope she is right. We are all tired of cold, ice and snow. We want at least 40 to 50 degree days again. I know they will be here soon, but we cannot wait much longer. Yes we can it just seems like we can't. I want to break out my nomad and two wheel again. I get relief from all the grief of life when I am on my iron horse. The tension flows out of my body, and I feel like a kid again. I don't have to go far to feel better. It is my release. I don't need to see a shrink when I ride, all is right with my world again. You never see a motorcycle in front of a shrinks office. There is a reason for that! I know why Jeff and Heather like to ride my bike too. It brings couples together, the feeling of being one with nature, the sights, the smells the sounds and the adventure of experiencing every thing you miss in a car. When you are in a cage it is not the same as being out there. All you riders know what I am talking about. There is even a couple of services that take your casket on its last ride on a motorcycle. That is the way to go in style.

Yes winter is soon over, I change the snowblower on my tractor for the belly mower. We start the garden again. Have picnics in the back yard, and the kids play on their playground again. Mary goes out daily and picks something from the garden for her salad. Just going outside in the fresh air to enjoy the sights is great. Mary picks fresh tea to drink. Renewed life is here, including the ever prosperous weeds. We have not found a way to get away from weeds yet. We don'l like to use weed killer either. We usually just rip them out. It is one more thing we have learned to put up with in life. I see life as a tradeoff of the good and the bad. You put up with some not so good things so you can have the better things in life. All life is a trade off. You just have to pick the good things you want and make them happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment