Friday, January 31, 2014

What Now! Just a short one!

I know I have goofed off for a day and a half. I have a bad chest cold, and my nose is running constantly. I must have been too close to the speaker when I was talking to Marcy wednesday afternoon and caught her cold. I usually don't have much trouble with colds lately, but this is one I can't shake. I have had it for about a week, and it keeps getting worse. I will wait till Monday and if it is not better I will go to the Doctor and get some pills. I will not take a chance on getting pneumonia again. I had it three times already. Once you have it you can get it easily again.

I go to the Doctor every three months to keep track of my diabetes. I don't want it to get worse so I have to take medicine. I never thought about growing old when I was young. As a typical male I did not take care of myself. When you are young, nothing can hurt you. It is always the other guy. Funny how that changes when you get old and start reading the paper every day to see how many people you know are listed in the deaths. Life means more as you approach the end of the living years. When you have grandchildren you want to live a little longer to see them grow up. Life is sweeter in your later years. You cherish the moments that you spend with family more later in life. The grandson is coming tomorrow. We will play playdoh, and some other games. A three old does not have a long game playing concentration span.

I will make up the time I have rested hoping to fend off this cold. I will get my scanner going so I can send Marcy my pictures. I never give up. If I can't get the scanner going I will go to office depot and get them to put my pictures on a chip to put in my computer so I can e-mail them. Things will work out somehow. They always do. I will write about more adventures we had on the motorcycles. It will warm me up these cold days. We had a lot of days in the single digits. Even four nights at zero degrees. Where is this global warming when we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment