Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Yes today everything is right with the world, TODAY!!

Mary is out working in the garden, she ate her lunch out on the sun porch. With a great sunny day today it is 74 degrees on the porch. We talked to the three year old grandson earlier, My friend from Florida Bob sent me a pair of Red Green's suspenders he got at Red's show. And both Mary and I are not hurting too bad at the moment. I haven't even taken any pain pills today yet. All is wonderful in our world today. I hope it stays like this for a few days. Rain tomorrow again, at least we are not in a drought like California. I cannot rave about anything bad for the moment.

Yes life is good for Mary and me. We have worked hard and planned for a good retirement. I know we will be around to see our grandkids grow and learn too. Even the ones that are not born yet.  The secret to getting ahead is getting started!!  And Mary and I have trouble getting started sometimes. But the important thing is we get started. We might not be as fast as we were years ago. But we will not give in to pain and stiffness. We are fighters, and so are our kids. We never give in. Sometimes we learn when to retreat to fight another day, but we go back to fighting what life throws at us. Winter is over for another year. We will take the snowblower off the tractor and attach the belly mower for a different fight with Mother. Till next winter when we will fight Mothers snow and ice. We will fight as long as we are breathing too. To give up is not in out vocabulary. Our kids have learned that too. We will survive. Maybe just a little slower!    My birthday card last year from my best friend in this world!!

The inside of the card reads..    a LONG time ago! Happy Birthday.     And she wrote  Happy 65th Birthday!! Love Snug    

Over the years she has absorbed some of my sense of humor. Thank you SNUG! I love you too!!

That was last July 31 when I hit the big 65. I don't feel much different from when I was young and had hair. Just I move a little slower and limp a little. I walk with a cane when I have to go steps or walk far. But my attitude of not giving up is the same. This old dog has some tricks left yet! I hope I am around lots of years yet so I can use them!




Yes this is not an April Fools Joke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment