Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Very Dire Dilemma!!

Its Saturday night, the fourth day of 2014. I just finished my three S's. S--t, shower and shave! Yes I do them during the week too. I try to stick in a laugh. I know you need a laugh sometimes too!

The grand puppy was sitting on the chair beside me, when one of the cats walked over to her favorite squeaky toy on the floor and started sniffing it. Joy, that's her name, figured the cat was stealing her toy and she jumped to the floor and started barking and chased the cat from the room. Now remember, Joy is less than half the size of the cat. Shows you what a little attitude can accomplish when you have the "never say die" attitude! I have acquired that attitude over the years! We all need some of it, now and then.

Now on to my dilemma. I like the Sci-Fi and horror movies from the late 40's and 50's very much. I like to watch them whenever they are on. Now women, especially Mary, do not understand us guys that like to watch anything that we like over and over again. It's in our genes.

She always says, "You watched it so many times you know it by heart!" That is the reason we like to watch it over and over again. We are checking to see if anything changes this time! You girls just don't understand we are just checking it to make sure no one changed anything. But I digress again. Remember, I am male.

One of my most favorite movies was on, "The Thing from Another World". Most people think it was just The Thing. But when it ran years ago they shortened the title. When the new version was made, "The Thing", they used the original name for the 1951 movie to tell them apart in the listings. See, I know all these little known tidbits. I am a filler freak. (The little filler pieces they put in to take up space, in printed papers and TV guides.)

Mary told me years ago I should play the games about odd stuff. She says I could do well at that. The problem was that a Muppet movie was on at the same time on another channel. Now, should I watch my old standby Sci-Fi movie or the Muppets Take Manhattan. Serious dilemma! Well, I had never seen this Muppet movie, so I watched The Thing again, and saved the Muppet movie for another time. I have grown to like the Muppets from watching them so much with my kids when the Muppet show was on every week when they were young, and I had hair all over my head!

Well I have thrown a lot of different ideas at you again.  Like Rob says, I guess I am deep at something. I just have not found a good outlet for my tidbits except this blog.  If I can enlighten you and make you laugh while you learn something, then I have not wasted my or your time.

Check back and see if I have put any of my tidbits on paper that you need to read at a certain moment in your life. It sure helps me clear my head when I put my thoughts on paper. And it is cheaper than going to a shrink.

Randal Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment