Friday, January 10, 2014

Mother Strikes Back!!

Mary did not work last night, so I did not set my alarm for 5AM to check suicide driveway. What a surprise when I awoke at 8AM and found over an inch of snow covering everything. This was the second surprise in as many weeks that the weather man called wrong. They said this would be freezing rain. Another bad call. Well they can't be right all the time, I guess.

I realize the snow is better than freezing rain for everyone traveling the roads. So it is not so bad after all. It's 1:00 PM on Friday. I relaxed a while since we had nowhere to go. I will work out at the gym twice as much when I go again Monday, to make up for missing today. I will have lunch, and then tackle the driveway, the circle and the neighbors' driveways. It is help your neighbor day again!  They helped me when I needed it, so I like to help them while I still am mobile enough to do so!

Well, I made the world safe for another day! I removed the snow from the suicide driveway, the circle and the neighbors' driveways too. I shoveled my walk and stoop by hand. Snow is wet, heavy and melting. Warmed up above freezing.

Will be bad when Mary goes to work at 9 tonight. Lots of frozen spots to watch out for. Glad she is a sensible person, not taking a chance while driving. I have adopted that theory in my later years too. No cycle riding on ice and snow like when I was young. My daredevil attitude has changed with age too. I have my nurse now, for keeps. I do not need to meet another one  in the hospital like when I was single and looking to meet a nurse to settle down with!

Speaking of my nurse, Mary is always looking out for my best interests, even if I do not at times. She got me a new blood pressure cuff to keep an eye on my blood pressure since high blood pressure is what killed my dad, and men on both sides of our families. She says it is easy to operate, that means it is idiot proof so I can use it when she is not around. She showed me how to use it. It is pretty easy, just have to position it right on my arm.

Must make a habit to lay it out, so I stumble over it, and I will remember to use it. Again ladies, it is a male thing! The guys will know what I mean. What would we stupid men do without our ladies watching over us. That is why they say married men live longer than single men. Thank you ladies for looking out for us! We need it! And we appreciate it, even if we don't tell you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment