Friday, January 17, 2014

Runnin' on Empty

Yes that is one of my favorite songs, but that is not why I chose it for the title of this chapter. I am going to talk about Mary trying to help me again. She cut me off from caffein. No more soft drinks. She will not buy them again, or so she said. She has been threatening to cut me down to two cans a day for about two years. Finally she did it. Except cold turkey this time!  I love Cherry Pepsi and I have a hard time resisting it. She does what she always does to things I jam down my gullet too much, refuse to buy them. I said before I have no self control.      Mary will drive me to healthy eating, even if I think it is killing me!!      I know she is looking out for my well being, but the instant thrill of something delicious is hard for me to resist! I have been heavy all my life because I can not resist the tasty morsel. Food is one of the hardest things to resist. That is why our society is one of the fattest on this earth. We have an abundance of food, and we stuff in in our face without cause for the consequences.

Something we like is something we can devour when no one is looking. We are sure no one will find out!! Like it will not show up on our reared later. The food addict is a hard life. You cannot resist the tasty morsel. Food is hard to manage. Because we must eat. It is not like booze, nicotine or drugs that we can stay away from. We must east to survive. Controlling the amount we stuff into our mouth is in our genes. That word again. It is the roadmap of our lives. It is a good excuse for how we control our lives. We cannot control something because it is inbred in our psyche. There is something missing in our chemistry that makes us act this way. Science is finding everyday some cause that makes us this or that way. Someday we will take a pill for everything. In the future we will take enough pills and we will be perfect. Fat chance of that happening! Sorry my lack of faith in science strikes again.  

I am getting angry again, I need to calm down, Getting upset is not good for my blood pressure. Must resist the urge to get mad. It does my body no good. Getting mad only hurts you. Today's culture gives us so much to get mad about. That is why we have so much trouble with people getting mad and doing stupid stuff. We feel overwhelmed that we cannot control the world, we must sit by and watch bad things happening. We cannot control what happens, and this upsets us. If you want some control in your life, you must take it back. You must decide, this is what is going to happen in my life today. I will do this today for me and mine. I will have a better life today!

Take control of your life     TODAY. You will be glad you did Everyday hearafter! We need to be told again we will change when we want to. Not when we are made to. The mind must grasp what we want, be shown repeatedly that this is something we can accomplish if we give it a try! No not a try, we must do it! Know you can do it, not just think you can. This is how I tackle the problems in life, and you can too! Be in charge of your destiny. Change what is going on in your subconscious mind and you can solve any problem. Well my soapbox is getting pretty high, I must come down for now. Save the soapbox for another time.

Thank you for letting me rave again. Randal Caldwell


No comments:

Post a Comment