Sunday, January 26, 2014

Old Knight in rusting armor!

Cleaned the driveway and left for Mary's place of work at five this morning  to clear her windows of snow and warm up the van. She deserves help now and then. She does so much for me! Snowing again, this is the third time in two days. This cold and snow is getting old. January is not over yet and we have twice as much snow as all of last year. But I know we will get through the hard times. We are resilient and will fight back. No matter what Mother Nature throws at us we will overcome. We have for thousands of years. Why should we change now. It will just cost more money to clean up the mess.

Kids coming over for supper, so I must clear a path to walk up the driveway. Save the big cleanup for nine tonight when Mary leaves for work. If it is too bad, I will drive her again. I am not afraid to drive in anything with my Astro van with all wheel drive. I have my cell phone for emergencies. So far I have gotten out of all bad driving hazards the last five years taking Mary to work. It is not so bad in the daylight, the darkness just ads excitement. and worry! I felt this morning like the white night rescuing Mary, just older and my armor is a little rusty from all the years of use. But I am still able to do what I need to do. I know the time will come when my body will not do what I ask it to. I gave up a lot already. I have handicapped parking because of my left knee from the cycle accident. And I got Social Security disability at 63 because I can't get on my knees any more. I can't lift heavy like when I was younger. But what I can still do I will keep doing as long as I can. I push the light snows with my shovel, not lifting the shovel much to save my heart. I have been going to the gym to build up my arms and legs. I lost 10 pounds this visit with the doctor. I will keep improving my tired body. I know I will never be a body builder, but I can do what my body will stand.

I will build my business too. I will make enough money so Mary and I can live a good life when she retires. We don't need a lot, Just able to help the kids and grandchildren. And enjoy our Golden years, even though they will not be so golden. Getting old is like Mic Jager  said "Getting old is a drag." But it beats the alternative. Will let you know how I make out tonight. Hope the snow lets up before Mary has to be at work. Salt does not work well below 22 degrees, so the roads are pretty much snow covered yet. Will be careful.Thank you for reading my blogs. Randal Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment