Saturday, January 25, 2014

Whoever's praying for snow, PLEASE STOP!

Saw this on a church sign today. It should be snow and frigid temps.

Had snow this morning, and probably tomorrow. I can keep up so far, but with Mary driving to work at nine at night, and home at six in the morning it is a real pain! The other day when it snowed all day, and 8 degrees at night and blowing up to 25 mph I took her to work and picked her up in the morning.

Thank goodness for cell phones! I keep mine in my pocket whenever I go out fighting Mother Nature. Where is this global warming when we need it. Today the news said it was below freezing in all fifty states. I think with our pollution we have really screwed up the weather!

The lord never gives you more than you can handle so they say. I hope they are right. So far in my life the LORD has not given me more than I could handle. And I thank  the LORD every day for helping me cope with life.

I know I fuss a lot about what happens to me, but I want you to know how I look at life. I complain a lot, but I am happy with my life in general. I feel if you see how my life is not perfect it will help you to conquer the troubles you have in your life. By maintaining a never quit attitude you can work through any problem you have.

I feel my life is going too fast. The years go faster the older you get. I don't know where the years went. Yes I do, they were good most of the time. And the times that were not so good I survived. Having a good life partner is what has carried me thru all the years. Learning to love has helped me weather the good and bad times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said "Once you make a decision; the universe conspires to make it happen." I believe that with every ounce of faith I have in my body. But you have to make that decision yourself. When I quit cigarettes and alcohol, I had to believe I could do it! Since I quit soft drinks and drink a lot more water I feel better. I have a soft drink every once in a while. I just do not have them at home. I have no self control, so I must keep certain things Not at arm's length. I hear them calling to me, drink me! Or eat me!

Yes I hear voices in my head, but sometimes they are such good ideas I use them to further my agendas. The voices I hear are good voices. And they tell me this year is going to be one of the best of my life!

Whether you feel the time goes fast or slow depends at that time whether you are feeling pleasure or pain. Most of my life I have felt pleasure since I hooked up with Mary. The time I was single were very hard for me. I was lost in booze and reckless behavior. Luckily I stayed away from drugs. I figured I got in enough trouble with alcohol. Mary got me off cigarettes after we were married three years. The alcohol took a lot more time. What helped me quit cigarettes, is Mary telling me when the kids see me smoking they will do what I do. I did not want them smoking.

One more thing I must RAVE about is the shooting that happened in Maryland today. It is getting closer to our home. Maryland is about 45 miles from us. I don't know where in Maryland the mall that the shooting was in, but a lot of people are not getting the mental help they need. If you know someone who needs mental help, speak up to them. We need to help each other. That is why I started this blog to talk to people and offer what little wisdom I have stumbled across over the years.

If I can help people improve their place in life, than all the time I spend writing this blog will have been worthwhile. I don't have a lot of money to help people, but if my words strike a blow to help you change your life I have accomplished some good from being on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment