Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Well it's Saturday, and like the weather lady said, it is raining cats and dogs. That is a funny expression. If it was raining cats and dogs, we would be polluted with animals instead of worrying about flooding. At least suicide driveway is getting washed down. All the sand I put on it is washed to the circle. When it dries I will sweep it up and use it again to fight Mother another time.

That is whats great about using sand for traction. I can use it over again. Mail just was delivered, so I will navigate suicide driveway again. This time it is just wet. Don't need to put on my ice cleats. Although I did use them this morning. I may be dumb now and then, but I am not stupid. The driveway black ice got me two years ago. Not ready to trust it again. When it is near 32 degrees, I lean to the safe side and use my cleats.

Like the movie said, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! Yes the male species does learn when it is a painful lesson! Fantastic, the newspaper lady drove past when I was at the mailbox. I did not have to walk down again as soon as I got into the house, like usual. Lady luck shines again! I wonder why it is referred to as lady luck. The ladies have the upper hand again!

No comments:

Post a Comment