Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mother strikes back with a passion!

We are getting four to eight inches of snow. It is 16 degrees, going down to about eight tonight. With twenty five mile per hour winds. I am taking Mary to work about eight thirty tonight. I am going to use my '98 astro van which is all wheel drive. Better than the front wheel drive toyota van in this kind of weather. I only have to take her about six miles,but it is hilly with lots of turns that we could slide off the road. I am asking the LORD to watch over us. Nurses need to get to help the patients, and people who drive them need to be out in weather like this. This is far from the first time we have done this. I have rescued people lots of times in my life. I had a full size ford pickup with a camper on that was great in snow. I carried a set of chains and pulled a lot f people out of the snow drifts.

I don't have the chains anymore, someone else can pull the stuck people out now. It is fifteen degrees the weather man just said. Getting colder and the wind is picking up. I am getting ready to go out, put my long john under ware on and an extra sweatshirt. No use taking a chance if I get stuck and must walk for help. Yes I have my cell phone ready. I will clean suicide driveway, get the astro van from the circle, and clean it off. Mary and I have ice spikes to put over our shoes to go down the driveway to get to the van. Mary wears them on the sidewalk at work too. When you are older, and wiser, you don't take risks like when you were young and stupid! I will write about my delivery when I get back. In the morning when I pick Mary up is when I will have to be the most careful. The snow will drift, and salt does not work below 16 degrees.

Bruce called tonight, and harassed me for not riding the motorcycle today. We call each other every couple days and say why aren't you out riding. It is only 20 degrees. We rode all winter when we were young. Good circulation when you are young, didn't mind the cold like now.

Mother can throw whatever she wants at us, and will. I will fight her every inch of the way as long as I can. You know my attitude, fight back as long as I can. Never give up. Stand proud. That is what we taught our children and grandchildren and I am proud they follow in our path. Young people need encouragement to know they can keep going. Too many people give in too soon. It they would try just one more time, they would make it. I believed that all my life! I am not going to change now! Will talk to you when I get back.

Well I beat Mother again. I got suicide driveway and part of the circle cleared. Got my astro van fired up and cleaned off. Mary is at work and I made it back in one piece. Saw some real idiots driving too fast on snow covered roads. Even saw one guy driving without lights. It takes all types! Saw a good sign on the church along the way. That is where I get a lot of my sayings.

"Every 60  seconds you are angry; you lose one minute of happiness." That is so true. When you get mad you only hurt yourself. Your body gets all worked up and you hurt your heart and blood vessels. It does not pay to get mad. It took me a long time to learn that fact. Stopped snowing while I was taking Mary to work. Got about six and one half inches. Hope that is all, and not too much blowing tonight. No 25 mile an hour winds please!

Well if I can pick Mary up at 6:00 in the morning without any incidents I will be happy. Will finish clearing the rest of the snow in the daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment