Friday, January 3, 2014

It's a Three Dog Night!! For Sure!!

Mother Nature strikes again! It's 12 degrees, with 16 mph winds and gusts to 30 mph. Spent 45 minutes last night clearing suicide driveway and circle. Mary had to drive around three idiots stuck in middle of road last night on way to work. This morning it was 45 more minutes clearing driveway and circle. Did neighbors driveways again. Help out when I can. This morning my finger tips were in pain, even though I had fur lined glove on. Three grand dogs are at their homes, only have two kitties to keep me warm in bed. It's supposed to be 6 degrees tonight. Bring it on Mother, we will survive! Even with wind chills at -8 degrees.

I'm glad I don't have to go to work anymore. I worked outside most of my life. Now that I am retired, someone else is taking my place.

When I was younger the cold was not a problem. Now I can't stand the cold anymore. Like Mick Jagger sings, "It's a drag getting old" but it beats the alternative by a long shot! Besides, I need something to rave about! I like talking, as you are finding out. So blogging is a great pastime for me. It gives me a purpose in life again, that retirement took away.

Writing these blogs I thought would be hard!  But as you see I just really like putting my thoughts and feelings down on paper. I just sit at my keyboard, and the words flow from me. I have a paper from a fortune cookie on my desk that says."Imagine your ideals, then make them real."

With my vivid imagination that is not too hard! I imagine my wife being able to retire next year because my home business is making enough money to take up the loss of income when she quits working. That is my main goal right now. We want to travel the 50 states, but not for long periods of time. We must see the kids and grandkids, we would miss them if away too long.

Well I must sit in my lazy boy and cover up again. Still cold from my fight with Mother Nature clearing the snow. Hopefully I will warm up again soon. We keep the house 72 degrees, but when you see the snow, and hear the wind blowing outside you feel cold. At least I do now.

Learning lots of computer workings. Marcy is a great teacher. Good friends make life better. Find like minded individuals to bolster your thinking and keep your spirits up.

Randal Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment