Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back in the Groove!!

Well holidays are over, and my break from work must end. I goofed off over the holidays, and took some much needed time for myself and the grandchildren. Three year old grandson coming over tomorrow night. I brought his containers of play dough in from the unheated porch so we can play with play dough tomorrow. When cold, it is too hard to mold.

Kyler is a handful. Mary and I get no rest when he is here. We love when he comes over, but it is a relief when he goes home too. We can't take the kids too long at a time. Our old age surfaces, and our bodies need rest.

Last night it was 0 degrees with 40 mile per hour winds. The furnaces worked overtime, and on the news was a story about all the people that lost heat. I used to repair heat and air conditioning units so I know what the poor service men are going through. Thirty years I was on call for HVAC, plumbing and electrical work. I'm glad the younger guys are taking over for us old fogies now.

It is suppose to be 8 degrees tonight with little wind. It is like a heat wave! The polar air is suppose to end tomorrow. Supposed to go back north. I can say I am glad it is moving back up where it came from. Good riddance. We will not miss it.

I must send an e-mail to Bob in St. Petersburg, Florida. Yes, my friend from our trip to the shore on the motorcycle, when we were eighteen years old. He always gives me a hard time when we have cold and snow, that they are warm and ice free. I'll ask him how does he like the Polar Wind we sent him, freezing even in Florida. Weather woman said there is freezing in all fifty states. Even on mountains in Hawaii!

Well you see I like to tease, and be teased. I know everyone needs laughter now and then. It helps relieve the pressure of everyday life. One year more and Mary will not be working full time. She wants to just work part time. Hates to give up nursing altogether, but not be in charge and have all the responsibility.

That is why I am building up my home business, to make up the loss in salary when she retires. So we can maintain our level of living. Besides, it gives me a reason for getting up every morning and tackling this crazy thing we call life. I need to feel needed, have a reason to get these old bones going in the morning. It feels great to feel in charge of my life again. We all need to feel needed. Be responsible for our time in the living years again like when I worked full time.

Thank you for letting me rave, it has changed my life, being in charge again! You can do it too! Change your life like I did. It feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment