Wednesday, January 22, 2014

And the FOOD taketh away!

Mary had a hard night at work last night. Short staff, and a power failure caused a lot of headaches. She was 45 minutes late getting out. I sat in the van gobbling up gas to keep warm in 1 degree temperatures and up to 25 mile per hour winds. When we got home I ate breakfast and watched TV till nine o'clock, and hit the driveway and circle to get what the snow plow missed. I was half frozen as I was finishing scraping the driveway with my snow shovel to get the impacted snow off. When I came in it was time to eat lunch. Mary came down to talk to me. Her eyes were red, so I knew it was not good news! She got a call from her niece, her older sisters husband died suddenly. We go up every 4 or 6 weeks, about an hour and a half away for lunch at a restaurant and conversation. Donald and I take turns harassing each other and all four of us laugh a lot. We will miss him a lot! Mary is really close to her sister and her husband, I am too. They are 76 years young. 

He had a triple bypass a couple years ago. He still had a big stomach. That is hard on your heart. Her brother four years older than Mary died a few years ago from the same thing. He had a big stomach, and did not watch what he ate too. I am trying to lose my big stomach. I realize it is not good for you. Since I have been going to the gym, I lost 10 pounds. Being cut off from soft drinks helps too. I realize I have a problem with food, and am taking responsibility for reducing my intake. But it is so hard! Nicotine, alcohol, and caffein you can just not partake. But food you must eat every day. It is the kind and portion that is hard to control. But I can do it, I must! I want to be around for a while. I am careful when I shovel snow, and take breaks. I carry my cell phone whenever I am outside, especially when it is cold and I am working. I don't want to be laying in the snow with no way to call for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment