Friday, January 10, 2014

Mother Strikes Back Two

Well it is now raining. I have to go check the driveway before Mary tries to back down suicide driveway in about an hour when she leaves for work. It is suppose to rain a lot tomorrow. The weather man says the rivers are rising now, so tomorrow when we get more rain there is a chance of flooding. With the extra rain, there is the chance most of the snow piled up is going to melt and cause a flood. Another calamity in the making. From one problem to the next. I am glad I am not a worrier! LOL

Tomorrow, saturday it is suppose to get up to 50 degrees. Will melt the snow and ice, that can be the problem. Too much run off into the rivers still ice capped. I am glad we do not live near a place that floods, but I feel for the people that do. I guess it doesn't matter where you live there is a change of something happening. You really are not completely safe anywhere. I'm glad we are resilient as a people and can bounce back from a lot of calamities in life. We also have a lot of good places for people to get hooked up with someone that will help in times of tragedy. Mary and I support several charities that we have never needed. Thank you Lord for helping us over the years! We have helped a lot of people over the years ourselves. We are blessed with being able to keep our heads above water, so we feel the need to help others that need it at sometime in their lives.

Yes I talk about my battle with Mother Nature, kid a lot, but I am glad at my age I can still fight back. I feel good being in the good fight of the living years, being able to help others. I had help when I needed it, and it feels good to pay it back. I know there will come a day when I can't win the fight any longer. I hope it is quite a few years away yet. When I had my electric business I would get a call from some people to fix electrical items that I could see they could not afford the bill. And I charged accordingly. I even wanted to do some jobs free. When I told the person there was no charge, they insisted they pay me something. So I relented and charged them $5.00 just so they felt good about not being a charity case. You learn a lot about people when you work for the public.

Mary left for work, so I had room in the garage to turn the tractor around so it was pointed toward the door, ready for my next battle with Mother again. Over winter the tractor is ready to fight Mother with the snow blower on front. Over summer the tractor has the belly mower to do battle with the grass.  It is a 365 day sword for me to use to do battle with Mother, whatever she throws at us. As long as Mary and I can do the battles with Mother, we will live in this house. When we can no longer walk up and down suicide driveway, Mary says we will use the car to go up and down the steep hill. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment