Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to Normal (Almost!)

It's Monday so I went to the gym. I must get back into my routine again after three weeks of missing some days! It was really hard to exercise since I was not as limber as when I went three days a week. I saw my neighbors, Rachel and Drew. They are regulars, and are in better shape than I ever will be. They are a lot younger, and take to exercise better than my war torn body. I just will do what  I can to keep this decrepit old body going as long as I can. Karen said again, I need to add more machines to   your daily routine. I said I can't wait! Luckily she was busy and did not have the time now to torture me some more. Ah, I look forward to her giving me some more instruction another day, showing her I can take it. I hope!

It is mild today, maybe 40 degrees. Tonight it is suppose to be about 6 degrees with wind chill in the minus 2 to 8 degrees. Just so we do not get snow again, Mother give us a break for a while please.  It was announced on the news the guy from Florida will not take the coaching job at Penn State football. Imagine him not leaving sunny Florida for the snow and ice of central Pennsylvania! We who live in cold states are tough old birds. We say, give us your worst, we can take it. We are tough, we live where we choose, not where life is easier!  That is why people who live in the cold states are self reliant, and prosper in whatever we choose to partake of in life. We don't let Mother Nature push us around!  We will survive!

Mary works tonight, so I will worry 'til she gets to work and back home again. She is tough, and she does stand up for herself. I don't worry about what she does on the road, I am scared of what other drivers might do to her! Just like on the motorcycle for myself and my son when we ride. I made it 42 years riding motorcycle before that person almost ended my life through carelessness! Luckily HE was watching over me and I fooled everyone and did not die.

I don't know how many lives I have left. They say a cat has nine, but I never read where I stand in this life. I just thank the Lord every day for the living years I and my family have been given! I never realized in my younger years I would ever be old and thankful for my family and all that I have been given. You have no thought of growing old. You are too busy enjoying life.

My dad told me, "Time goes faster the older you get." I can't believe he is in the ground thirty years already! Where did my precious living years go to? It was a blur, however nice it was.

Well you have heard me rave enough for this chapter. This time I was not being profound in trying to give you a lesson in appreciating the years you have left. Or was I?!

Time goes so fast. The passage of time, how you perceive it, depends on whether you are feeling pleasure or pain at that time in your life. Had to throw a little piece in there to get your mind involved. Gotta exercise your brain as well as your body. Both need daily exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment