Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Still Not Here!

It's 10:00 PM on New Year's Eve and I am finally getting my computer back. Mary and the three year old grandson have gone upstairs. She puts a DVD in the portable player and sits it on a stool near his bed and hopes he falls asleep watching Mickey Mouse, his favorite.

The eight year old granddaughter just informed me she wants the computer back. She was playing games for about four hours, she quit for about fifteen minutes and I thought it was my turn. Wrong again! She just took a break for a snack and to walk the puppy.

Well the lot of being a pushover grandpa! They gave me a magnet for on the refrigerator that says "Love you Grandpa" so we put it next to the magnet my wife got from the kids' mom that says. "If Mom says no, call 1-800-Grandma." They knew at an early age we let them get away with more than mom and dad. Well that is in the rule book that grandparents give in more than mom and dad! I can hear the three year old grandson. Mary's bedroom is right above my bedroom/computer room. He doesn't sound very sleepy! Maybe he will see the New Year in after all!

Well I must turn over the computer to Kallista, so she can continue her game. Will finish this chapter of my life next year.

Well here it is the new year already. It is 3:00 AM on New Year's Day. Donna texted me about 10:30, wished me "happy jerky new year" and asked if she should text me five minutes to 12:00 so I'd be awake to see the new year in, like I joked she should. I figured so close I would be awake and said no. Well you know what happened!  I was snoring when new year came in. I missed the Bologna from Lebanon coming down, all 12 feet and 200 pounds of it and all the other festivities I wanted to see. So much for male pride. I did not listen to a woman again, and missed my celebration. I still have a lot to learn!

I hope my mistakes help others to learn their limitations and improve their lot in life. I am trying every day to improve my lot in life. Most of the time I am doing it right. There are just some times that I digress into the old ways and it happens again. Failure! Well, I will try harder next time. As long as I learn from my failures, it is not totally wasted time.

Have a great New Year. I know I will!
Randal Caldwell


No comments:

Post a Comment