Friday, January 31, 2014

Scanner?? I hate electronics!!

I hate anything electronic! Just when you think you know what you are doing, it acts up. I am 65 years young, I was not brought up using these electronic wonders. Sometimes they elude me. I am learning how to use my computer and printer,copier,scanner. Right now every time I push a button to do something it says must align printer. I will have to get Mary to look at it this weekend again. I am ready to throw it out the window. I figured how to turn off my pop ups unit so I can read the attachments my brother sent me. I put browser pop ups in the search of my computer and went to a site that told me how to do it on my mac. I guess I am not so computer dumb after all. This old dog can figure out some of the problems.

I'm sorry I will not be around in 100 years to see all the fabulous discoveries that are going to take place. I just hope we do not destroy ourselves by pollution or some crazy virus we create by mistake that wipes out most of humanity. I will learn what I need to get my businesses up and making money. I will not let some unknown make a fool out of me for too long. I have done pretty good in life learning how to do lots of things. I am not about to quit now. I am too bull headed to give up. I know the time will come when I can't do what I want to. But that is a long way off yet!

So many people are afraid to try to do what they are not comfortable doing. It is so sad. One of my favorite sayings is:  IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN DO IT! That has been my motto all my life. I am bi-polar so my mind is going a mile a minute with all kinds of thoughts how to do different things. I guess I can't understand people who give up, because that thought has never crossed my mind. I know when you must run, so you can fight another day. But that is not admitting defeat. That is just being smart.

We can't be smart all the time. We must learn when to ask for help. I know men don't like to admit we do not know how to do something or find someplace when we drive. But I am getting better at asking for help. But I admit it took a long time to get this far.  We are continuing our learning every day. Worry is the darkroom where negative thoughts are developed. I try not to worry so much. I am trying to learn not to worry, but it is hard. I must work on that some more. Yes I am 65 and still have a lot to learn. I will learn, I know I can. It is just a matter of time. Do not give up, fight till you get the outcome you are looking for. Think of me, old, disabled, and not computer smart--YET. I will fight to stay in these living years as long as I can. And learn as long as my brain will absorb the knowledge. Be too bullheaded to quit. Keep going. Make it in life,  so you can enjoy the rewards. I know I am going to do everything I can to accomplish this for me and my family. You can too.


No comments:

Post a Comment