Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Called Bruce and harassed him about waxing his Bike again!!

I figured Bruce needed a laugh, It is good for him to get a laugh now and then. It is good for everyone to laugh every day. Sometimes several times a day! Bruce and I call and leave funny voice mails on each others phone. I like to check up on him to see if he is still breathing, and this way he does not feel I am checking up on him. Also he needs someone to talk to. He is alone too much of the day. He still complains about returning to work. I really hope he can. It would really work on his nerves if he must be home alone all day. He really needs a wife now. Its a shame he did not find someone to settle down with.

Bruce is too much like me, trusting everyone. I cannot see the bad in folks. I have been burned several times myself in this life. After a while I figure out the person, after they take advantage of me for a while. That is why I love Mary so much. She does not have one bad bone in her body. Just a lot of bones that are wearing out from overuse all her life like me! And that motorcycle accident in 2002 did me no favors.

I wish I had movies of me being launched off my cycle and flying thirty feet through the air and bouncing off the middle lane of route 501 at Kissel Hill in Lititz, PA. I might have gotten the $10,000 prize on the best videos on TV. At least then I would have gotten some cash for the pain and suffering I experienced then and now! Well that is water under the bridge. I don't even have the memories of it. just the hurts, and my old helmet with the chunk of fiberglass missing where my head hit the road before the rest of my body landed.

I need to put a picture of my helmet in here for all the people who ride without a helmet. I shudder whenever I pass a rider bare headed. The surgeon who saw me in the hospital let me know without that helmet he would not be talking to me. I know it is total freedom not wearing a helmet, but is it worth the rest of your life, or being turned into a vegetable. Yes I am on my soapbox again, but if I can save just one person from a life changing accident that could have been prevented it is worth my time and shooting off my big mouth again!

Bruce still wears his helmet from the 60's. Yes I tell him about it. The old helmet would offer little protection anymore. But at least it is  helmet!

Yes, it is a little after 9 PM, Mary left for work so I am unsupervised again!! She will be home about 6 AM so I will be restrained again. I just have to make it for these few hours and everything will be hunky dorey!   I know you guys like Bruce needed a good laugh. That is what I specialize in, good-natured fun on tap. Since I can't get the tap at the beer hall anymore, this is the tap I have gone too.

I will call  Bruce probably tomorrow and harass him again, before he calls me and does the same thing. We are suppose to have two more days of heavy rain. Hope it is nice Sunday so Bruce and I can drool over the many bikes at the Legion Sunday. We can reminisce about when we were young and lived for riding. I have a magnet on my refrigerator that says   Live to Ride  Ride to Live  Even though we are ancient by our grandkids' thoughts, the same feelings as when we were young and had hair on top of our heads we still have.

The other Monday when I rode, it still felt the same as when I was young. All my hurts did not seem as bad when I was gliding on my iron horse. Even my clutch fingers that hurt when I squeezed the lever did not seem as bad when I was riding. I hope Bruce can ride again. If he can't I will take him on the back. But that is not as great as when you are in control! We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I know that there will come a time when I will be cut back on some more of what I can do. I will fight Mother Nature no more. When that time comes I will accept it graciously. YEA RIGHT!

You know me, I will fight for every minute to ward off old age. I will not go peaceably into the next chapter of my life till I can not fight anymore. When I can't breath anymore is when I will accept defeat. Until then I will keep on trying to do the things that give me pleasure.

1. Love my family.
2. Do my minion work for THE LORD.
3. Love and care for everyone I know needs it..
4. Help a many people as I can.
5. Never give up the good fight.
6. When my time is over, prepare to meet MY LORD. I hope he is in a good mood!
7. You know me, one more laugh for the road!
8. Thank you LORD for giving me all that I have. Help us all, for we need YOU in our lives, forever!

Bruce's hawg with the 11 coats of wax on it. At least that keeps him busy!! And gives him a good reason to keep going, which we all need in this crazy thing we call life!

No comments:

Post a Comment