Monday, April 14, 2014

My world is GREAT; at least for right now! This hour!!

My son-in-law and I, mostly him and his boy, took my snowblower off my tractor yesterday and put the belly mower on. Now tomorrow night they are calling for snow showers! It is April 14, come on Mother Nature cut us a break and stop with the weird weather. No matter what happens I will battle to rid my suicide driveway of snow.

Luckily Mary does not have to go to work till tomorrow night. She started her summer routine of working nine nights in two weeks instead of ten. She gets an extra day off over summer to do the garden work and so we can go away once in a while. Because of all the money I lost when the builder filed bankruptcy and owed me a lot of money we had to refinance our house and Mary must work part time for a few more years when she retires in December. That is why I am building my business from home. So Mary does not have to work so much.

My world is great today, I worked cleaning up the garage, had Mary help me check the oil and water level on my cycle, and I took a 14 mile ride on my cycle. The first ride this year. I did not stay out too long because it looked like rain. With all the stones on the road from winter I did not want to ride when it's wet. When it first rains the road is very slippery from all the oil and gas left on it. After it rains a while it washes the road cleaner!

I like to put ten miles on an engine when I start it. You need to get the oil hot enough to burn the moisture out of it. I put air in the tires to bring them up to operating pressure. The bike is ready to bring me lots of joy this summer. I texted Jeff that the bike is ready for him and Heather when they move home from North Carolina for Jeff to start school for his Masters of Divinity. I just hope in three years when he graduates, he and Heather can get a church not too far away. Well whatever happens, we will adjust.

Yes my world is great today! Mary could not go on the ride with me, she wants to go, but her back is in bad shape from all the lifting of old people all these years. One bad pothole and it will throw her back out. I am glad we took the trips we did years ago. I can't ride too long at a stretch either. But when I was riding around Speedwell Forge today, nothing hurt me far a while. The only stiffness I felt was in the fingers I use to pull in the clutch. I must build up the muscles in my left hand.

I felt great after the ride, and I feel great now. My stiff joints are coming back, but it was worth it to feel free again on my iron horse. The air going around my windshield, hitting me felt like old times. The feeling of freedom is not easy to explain to someone who has never ridden. It is a way of life. You must want to ride, it is addicting. You want to feel the wind, and see the world not from an iron cage, but be a part of it.

I know us bikers are different from "normal" folks. And I will be a biker till I am not breathing anymore. Like my father, and his father! Jeff is a fourth generation biker. I hope at least one of his kids get the bug! And carry the tradition on. Maybe I will be around long enough to see it. Depends what the LORD has in mind for me.

If you are a biker you understand. If you never rode, find someone and try it. See if it gets in your blood too. Bruce and I will be at the rallies this summer so stop back for more pictures of us crazy bikers, and our crazy great bikes. I like to be different from everyone else. That is why I like to see the different bikes, and their people! The more different the better I like it.

Thank you for stopping to inhale my blog. I hope I entertained and made you think. Stop back and see what two crippled motorcycle lovers are up to. You need a good laugh!!

Bruce might be down for now, but like me he will fight to reclaim his place on the bike, just like I will. Bruce is bullheaded just like me, and my three year old grandson. I bet he will be a biker too!

Bikes and bikers by the prayer tent!

Bruce checking out the trike, but like me he would not ride one, we like to lean and the freedom it provides.
Even wounded, he still rides his bike. I carry my fold up cane in my saddle bag too.

Just had to include another shot of my name sake. THE BOSS HOSS 350! Chevy 350 cu. in. a real man's bike, with a real man's price too. No I don't want one, you know I have no willpower and I want  to stay in these living years for a long time yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment