Friday, April 11, 2014

Chuck from Christian Motorcyclist Association

I met Chuck at the man made fishing lake Speedwell Forge. When I pulled in the parking lot on my bike he immediately came over and introduced himself and started talking bikes. He told me he was with the CMA and took kids on cycle rides as  his ministry. We became friends almost instantly.

He took my wife's sister's boy out west on a two week ride the following summer. He makes the kids work around the camp and on the trip. Teaching them how to work together to get ahead. He wanted to take our younger boy on a trip, but Jeff did not want to go. Now Jeff is going to seminary to help bring people to GOD too.

I must stop and visit Chuck soon. He lives about two miles from us, and was hurt bad in a cycle accident .Have not seen him in years. Chuck brought a lot of people to GOD in his working with the CMA! It is a good outfit. They go to rallies and talk to the hardened bikers, and bring a lot of them to GOD. They do a great job of turning people onto THE LORD.

I thanked him every time I saw him, for his work. He helped us out with the scouts for years. We pulled the scouts for fifteen years in the local parades. We decorated my trailer and won first prize three years in a row. I burned up the clutches in my truck doing the parades. It was worth it for the kids. Chuck helped at the youth center I was working at too. He is a great guy!

I rarely go to the parades anymore. I cannot take standing to watch the goings on. I watch the parade on the local cable channel. There is a lot I cannot do since the cycle accident. But I an not sorry I ride bike.

All the years of riding and enjoying myself make up for the pain. Its like my Dad told me fifty years ago. "It's not IF you go down; It's WHEN you go down." And he knew from experience. His Dad was a biker too, and he was killed in a car accident, like a lot of my cycle friends. You never know when your living years are going to be up. So I say, enjoy the time you have with family!

The gray van beside the white pickup is where Bruce and I park so we can watch the bikes leave. When Bruce can't walk any more, I will drive him around to see the bikes. They leave a path to drive up and down the lines of bikes so people can drive in and out. We will survive! Just a lot slower!

Lots of people to talk to.

When Bruce can't hang on any more, I quess I'll have to get a sidecar!

One last shot of a nice bagger! More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment