Saturday, April 5, 2014

Flashing lights and siren on my motorcycle!!

I'm putting flashing lights and siren on my motorcycle so next time I haul Bruce to the emergency room I can give him a taste of the cycling experience since he can't ride his own cycle. He must get permission from the doctor, and take an exam on the computer before he can drive because he had a stroke. He is really bummed out sitting home all the time, that is why I get him out when I can. We went to breakfast this morning, and we are going to a cycle hang out tomorrow at the legion. Checking out the bikes will cheer us both up I hope. Nothing like looking at bikes now that it is warming up to raise our spirits. Although today it was in the 50's, the wind was fierce. I had Kyler out at his sandbox, and it was brisk. It was 78 in our florida room, so Mary was enjoying her sanctuary.

I am picking Bruce up tomorrow between 8 and 9 AM, and it is only about two miles to the legion and the bikes. I am taking my camera so I can post some pictures. I want to take a couple pictures of Bruce's bike in case he can't ride for a while. Yes we have to realize all of will reach the time when our lives will drastically change. I hope it is not soon for both of us.    Faith is the belief in what you cannot see.    And my faith is strong, I just hope it is for Bruce too. He is bullheaded like me, but that only goes so far. Your body cannot cash the checks your mind writes for so long. Eventually your body will not respond anymore. Right now Bruce is recuperating from his stroke. I hope he recovers enough to ride his cycle this summer. I know what it means to be independent and on your own. It means a lot to us bikers. I'm glad I have Mary to help me cope with old age. The people like Bruce who are alone are at a loss. They must fight by themselves, and that is harder.

I will help Bruce as much as I can. By getting him out to cycle and car shows it will help him cope. It helps me too. I had coffee and my daily banana with Mary and saw her off to work again. I like it that she only has 6 miles to go to work. She leaves here at 9:15 and she clocks in at 25 after nine. I like to see her off. We hug when she leaves. The personal touch helps a lot. At least to me!

Well another page for my blog. I just sit at my keyboard and it flows out of me. Having a big mouth helps. I hope you get encouraged by my adventures. Remember every sixty seconds you are angry you lose one minute of happiness. I am  trying to impress that on Bruce. When he gets angry which is a lot, it can raise his blood sugar. I don't want to use the lights and siren on my cycle to drag him in to the emergency room again.

No comments:

Post a Comment