Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday morning stats!

Yes, I survived another night. Mary was off work, so I slept better. I read Bob Quinn's info and I must figure how to get all the info he sent on his life into a post so you can read his life story I will consult with Marcy, she knows everything about this new fangled computer stuff. I on the other hand am just learning how to use this MAC computer. I was not a wizard on the PC I had, and my boys said the MAC was better for me. It is not as likely to get a virus, and fry like my PC. I need a machine that is dummy proof.

I will try copying Bob's info and see if I can post his page. Mary's printer is a scanner too. I can link in with the wi fi. He suffers from agent orange from his tour in Vietnam. He has two books published on the internet and needs the money to improve his retirement. Like me he likes to write. It helps a longing in our souls to pour our thoughts on paper. It keeps us out of trouble! And away from the dreaded TV so much.

I will go down suicide driveway to get the morning newspaper so I can check I am not in the obituaries this morning. I like to see if anyone I know went on to their reward. When you get older, you like to check every day to see how many friends you have lost. I wonder about all the people I knew when I was young and had hair on the top of my head. I wonder if those folks had as good a life as I have had. Yes hooking up with Mary was the best thing I have done in this life. I could not have found a better life partner than Mary. Sometimes we have differences, but we always make up. I know she would do nothing to hurt me like some wives. She does nothing out of spite. She has no bad bones in her body. I'm just glad she stuck around all these years while I was changing and growing. I needed to realize what I had and appreciate it. Now I do.

My light in the florida room burned out last night, so I must take down the cover and get the number of the fluorescent light to go to Longeneckers hardware to replace it. I get a lot at the hardware store. I have had a charge account there since we moved here in 1972. It is an all purpose store for anything to put in or fix in the house. They tell you how to install or fix your products in the house too.

My computer just announced it is eight o"clock so I must get going and fix the light. I also want to go to the gym today. And we have go to Laura's and watch the grandkids so she can take the 14 year old to an appointment at 4:00. A busy day today again. Being retired and home all the time is nice. Just some days busy!

If you like what I am writing or dislike it let me know. Thank you Randy"HOSS"Caldwell

This is Mary's sanctuary, so I have to get the light working right away. I want her to enjoy herself when she is home. She works hard and deserves a nice place to unwind and get away from me!!


I went to the store and got a bulb to put in Mary's light. She had off last night so she would like to eat breakfast in her sanctuary, the florida room. This light is hooked into my dusk to dawn circuit and comes on every night to put some light in the kitchen. One of the extras I wired in when we built the house. There is also a light in the skylight to throw some light on the stairs and living room. When you come in the front door at night it is nice to have light to get in the door.

I also have lights outside that come on every night. And in the garage at the four steps into the washer dryer room. I like to think ahead and supply light so no one falls. In 32 years living here they have been a good help in navigating at night and cost little to have on.

Yes I was a boy scout, and like to be prepared. I also pulled the boy scouts in the parades for fifteen years. And the girl scouts too. Maybe that is why I don't know where the time went by so fast, we were busy all the time. Now is the time we slow down a little bit. We can't keep up like when we were younger. We still like to do a lot of things, we just have to rest in between. LOL

LORD thank you for all you have done for me for over 65 years, but most of all for giving me Mary!!


No comments:

Post a Comment