Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday with Bruce

Picked up Bruce and took him to the eye doctor. Spent two and a half hours there. When he came out, he could hardly see. Had drops in his eyes, and had an injection in his eye ball. I shudder just to think of getting a shot in an eyeball!

After the visit to the doctor, I took Bruce to see his mom. I told the girl who was taking care of them to help get them ready we were taking his mom and roommate for a motorcycle ride. They both liked the idea, even though it was impractical. When we were getting ready to leave I asked Bruce if he needed groceries. He asked if I could take him to Adamstown, about 45 minutes away for some home made vegetable soup. I said sure why not!

Leaving the home where his mom lives, I said I called Mary and told her I would not be home for a while, we were picking up two hot babes. Bruce laughed, and said, yeah one 86 and one 93. We  both laughed. We drove to the market and got Bruce some groceries. He had trouble seeing so I helped him. He says it is usually a day or two till he can see good again.

Bruce said five times on the trip home thank you for helping me. I say, that is what friends are for. I did not go to church for Good Friday, but helping a comrade in need is more like what the LORD has in mind for us to do on his special days.

Yes I am doing my best to help others. I have done so all my life. But I feel now I have more time to devote to that I am answering a calling. Yes I hear voices in my head, but they are saying help your fellow man and woman. "I know the voices in my head aren't real; But they have some great ideas."

That is a great saying, but I know the voices I hear from THE LORD are real. They keep telling me not to sit around, get up and help someone. And I am trying my best to obey! I know there will come a time if I am in the living years long enough that I will need a lot more help than I am getting now. And I want to be able to say, I used to do that, help others. And it felt real good doing IT. After all we all need help sometimes.

Randy "Hoss" Caldwell  rcald@ptd.net THANK YOU!

Gotta get Bruce's eyesight back to normal so he can look at the Hawgs
First Sunday of the month the rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment