Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hoss and Snug 42 years!

Yes this May 20 we are married 42 years. It does not seem possible the time went so fast. I realize I worked a lot of overtime all my life, and working around the house took a lot of time too. But I am old, and don't know how I got so caught in my life that it passed so quickly. Yes we had a lot of good times along the way. I guess the more you enjoy your time, the faster it goes. My Father told me when I was young, "The older you get, the faster time flies". And he is gone over 30 years already!

I look at my friends and can't figure why they look so old? I have a lot of people come up to me and say, "Aren't you Hoss?" I quess I look pretty much the same. At least that is what they tell me. People remark I don't look 65 years old, but believe me I sure feel it. I don't have much grey hair, just skin colored! I guess that is why I don't look as old as I feel.

I feel young when I see a movie that takes me back in time. Or when I am riding my motorcycle. Or when a friend from my single years comes to visit. The triggers of the mind are a funny thing. I have trouble remembering something Mary told me days ago, but something that happened when I was a teenager I remember like it happened yesterday.

My computer, my mind, has suffered a lot of hits over the years. The many trips to the hospital in the ambulance I don't remember because I was unconscious every time. The healing and the pain don't seem as bad now as when I was going thru it. When you wake up after an accident the first thing you do is take inventory to see if everything works. A doctor told me when I was young not to pick up someone unconscious, let them wake up and move so you don't make their possible problems any worse.

My cycle accident I woke up for a few seconds and the girl from the ambulance had her legs kneeling holding my head from moving. I also know after an accident not to take the helmet off someone. Let a trained paramedic do it so you don't inflict any more damage on head and neck!


Do you really think I don't look 65 years old?

Let me know what you think of my "reminiscing" pages. I hope you get some insight into life from what I went through. And learn even an old fart can fight for our rights. Don't let anyone push you or yours around. And you must start on whatever you want to do.  The secret to getting ahead, is getting started!! 

LIFE: I am not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it is going to be worth IT! It sure is for me! 

Thank you Randal"HOSS"Caldwell



No comments:

Post a Comment