Sunday, April 6, 2014

Got awake about 6 o'clock!! Anticipation!!!!

I was to exited about seeing a lot of bikes to sleep longer. Going to a rally is a great mood lifter. I called Bruce to let him know I was up, and did not oversleep. No answer, so I left him a message. On the way to his house I passed the turn off for the legion. The fire police were setting up the traffic cones for the grand event. There is always a big turn out at these events. It is advertised on the net.

I got to Bruce's house and saw him inside in his chair. I walked down the small hill and knocked on the door. His driveway is steep like mine, but his goes down to the house. Here he was asleep on the chair. He finally slept most of a night. He usually is awake all night. Probably knowing he would be enjoying himself at the rally relaxed him so he could sleep! I woke him up, and we went down behind the house to his garage to photograph his Harley.

After the pictures we left for the rally. We were both exited to be around our kind. Bikers! As soon as Mary loads the pictures on her laptop I can transfer them to my Mac and I can start loading them to my blog. I even stopped and caught a horse with a buggy behind so you can see our local Lancaster tradition. The anticipation to see my pictures builds, at least for me!

We walked a couple miles seeing the bikes. At least it seemed that far. Bruce said he needed to sit down so we want to Mary's van. I parked right where the bikes turn into the parking lot. Turns out it was a great move as we set there more bikes were filing in so we stayed there. It was the perfect vantage point. We sat there two more hours watching the bikes coming and going. We had a great time! You can see the pictures

It was 35 degrees when I left to get Bruce, but that doesn't dampen the biker spirits going to a rally. We are a tough breed, even in our later years!

Mary loaded all my rally pictures on her laptop and sent me an e-mail with all the pictures. I found I have to load them one at a time, that is why this page took so long to finish

Better view of chevy V8!


Russian Ural,two wheel drive,link to sidecar wheel.

                                                                                           
Bruce's hawg patiently waiting!
Boss Hoss 400HP. Cycle!


 Boss Hoss 350 chevy with four barrel carb. A real man's bike!!


On the way home from the rally, saw a horse with a buggy behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment